NACE COATING INSPECTOR- LEVEL 1 COURSE
The Welding Greek Institute (WGI) offers the new 6 days learning program “NACE Coating Inspectors Program – Level 1” provided in 60 hours of theoretical and practical training, which is considered to be the most required qualification diploma for the Oil & Gas, as well as Marine sectors.
CIP Level 1 is a six day course is recognized World Wide and offers a full 60 hours of instruction on the technical and practical fundamentals of coating inspection work for structural steel projects. This course provides students with knowledge of coating materials and techniques for surface preparation and application that prepares the student to perform basic coating inspections using non-destructive techniques and inspection instrumentation.
Classroom instruction is comprised of lectures, discussions, group exercises and hand-on practical labs that teach the student how to perform basic inspection tests. A written exam practical exam, and inspector log book evaluation are given at the end of the course.
NACE is recognized as an Authorized Provider of Continuing Education Units by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). To receive CEUs, participants are required to be engaged in the entire course and successfully pass the final exam. At the conclusion of the course you will be asked to complete a course evaluation.
At the end of the training program, participants will acquire basic knowledge and skills regarding the following major issues:
- Use of protective coating to control corrosion
- Corrosion fundamentals such as properties of coating, coating classification, and modes of protection
- Coating types and curing mechanisms
- Coating specifications including service environments and coating life cycle
- Surface preparation equipment, methods and standards for abrasive blasting, solvent cleaning and power and manual tool cleaning
- Coating application by brush, roller, mitt, and conventional and airless spray
- Role and responsibilities of the inspector including safety, ethics, and conflict prevention and decision making
- Inspection procedures and quality control
- Purpose and content of pre-job conference
- Test instruments for measurements of environmental or ambient conditions
- Non-destructive test instruments
- Testing for non-visible contaminants
- Quality control issues, recognizing design and fabrication defects and coating failure modes
- Material safety data sheets (MSDS) and product technical data sheets
- Purpose and content of log book and report documentation
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Especially, this training program is suitable for the following stakeholders:
- Project Engineers (Big Energy Projects like TAP, Oil and Gas sector projects, etc.)
- Inspection Personnel (Big Energy Projects like TAP, Oil and Gas sector projects, Marine, etc.)
- QA/QC Managers (Pipping, Metallic Constructions, Ship Building Activities, Maintenance etc.)
- Contractors (Pipping, Marine, Storage Tank Farms, Refineries etc.)
- Technical Sales Representatives
- Paint Applicators
- Maintenance Personnel
- Cost of Practical training – Theoretical training – Examinations – Student Material to be delivered: 200 USD / participant
- In the case of participation in both the CIP level 1 and CIP level 2 training programs, the price is set at $ 2,900 for each program, with a total profit for the participant of $ 600.
Note:The Greek Welding Institute has undertaken only the conduction of the Program. Therefore, payments are made directly to organization of NACE, as the program is implemented exclusively by the International Organization itself.
The final exams are closed-book. Everything covered in class, the lecture slides, the required readings, the assignments, or additional handouts may be tested. Additional details on the exam will be provided prior to the exam date. Successful attendees will also receive a Swiss Approval Training Certificate of Attendance.
Upon successful completion of the course and exam, the student will be certified as a NACE Certified Coating Inspector- Level 1. Also, the program prepares participants for NACE CIP Level 1 Certification, who will then be able to attend CIP NACE level 2, with corresponding second-level certification