ISO 14001:2015 INTERNAL AUDITOR TRAINING – ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (EMS)
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that sets out the requirements for an environmental management system (EMS) and also is an integral part of the European Union‘s Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS).
Recently, the structure of the template of ISO 14001 has changed significantly to align with Annex SL. The standard has been revised, with key improvements such as the increased prominence of environmental management within the organization’s strategic planning processes, greater input from leadership and a stronger commitment to proactive initiatives that boost environmental performance. This revision is known as High-Level Structure and allows for easier integration into other existing ISO management systems thanks to the same structure, terms and definitions.
ISO 14001 helps organizations improve their environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste, gaining a competitive advantage and the trust of stakeholders. Therefore, using ISO 14001 can provide assurance to company management and employees as well as external stakeholders, that environmental impact is being measured and improved.
Like all ISO management system standards, ISO 14001 includes the need for continual improvement of an organization’s systems and approach to environmental concerns. Especially this standard aims to help organizations:
- Minimize how their operations (processes, etc.) negatively affect the environment (i.e., cause adverse changes to air, water, or land)
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, and other environmentally oriented requirements, and
- Continuously improve in the above
This environmental management system (ISO 14001:2015) is suitable for organizations of all types and sizes, be they private, not-for-profit or governmental. It requires that an organization considers all environmental issues relevant to its operations, such as air pollution, water and sewage issues, waste management, soil contamination, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and resource use and efficiency.
An ISO 14001 Internal Auditor deemed the competent person that has the necessary knowledge, skills and expertise to perform an Environmental Management System (EMS) internal audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
Swiss Approval International guarantees an accredited certification, giving the attenders of the “ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor Training course”, the appropriate passport for the international market, ensuring with accuracy and independence the knowledge about the principles, the skills and the responsibilities that refer to an ISO 14001 Internal Auditor.
Participants will acquire basic knowledge and skills regarding the following major issues:
- Find key concepts of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Review of major environmental issues
- Review of the ISO 14000 family of standards and the concept of environmental management system
- Understanding of environmental legislation
- Understanding of the structure of the standard
- A detailed understanding of the key terms, definitions and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (EMS) and how the standard can help your organization to better meet its environmental obligations and commitments
- Description of the of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management systems
- Conduct informal opening and closing meetings
- Responsibilities of a 2nd party auditor
- Skills and responsibilities required to perform internal audits on food safety management systems
- Knowledge required for the continuous improvement of the management system
- Evaluation the organization’s status relative to each requirement of ISO 14001:2015 in order to develop a customized checklist unique to the organization to be audited
- Ability to prove your knowledge via completion of the courses exam
- The knowledge to conduct an internal ISO 14001:2015 EMS audit
- Best practices and secrets to success
- Have a competitive advantage in the marketplace
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
The training program is addressed to anyone, who is responsible for the management and implementation of an ISO 14001:2015 management system. Especially, this seminar is suitable for the following stakeholders:
- Individuals responsible for, or interested in, conducting first-party or second-party audits
- Management representatives
- Quality Assurance Officers
- Executives and employees who are interested in acquiring useful knowledge in HLS (High Level Structure)
The final exams are closed-book. Everything covered in class, the lecture slides, the required readings, the assignments, or additional handouts may be tested. Additional details on the exam will be provided prior to the exam date. Successful attendees will also receive a Swiss Approval Training Certificate of Attendance.